By Zachary Johnson
Dr. Steven L. Suib, Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of Chemistry, and recently appointed Director of IMS, has formed a revised Internal Advisory Board.
Since the conception of IMS, the assignment of the Internal Advisory Board has been to provide suggestions and solutions for problems of broad interest within IMS. The Internal Advisory Board consists of ten faculty members from five different departments. “We collaborate as a unit and lay out our vision for the general operation of IMS,” Dr. Ramamurthy Ramprasad, MSE Professor says. The feedback and ideas are forwarded to Director of IMS, Dr. Suib.
Dr. Suib was appointed the new Director of IMS on July 1st, 2013. The former Director of IMS, Dr. Harris Marcus, stepped down after 18 years of service. He will remain on the faculty in the Materials Science & Engineering Department.
The board remains the same throughout the academic year unless specific developments necessitate a change. “The board doesn’t change unless a member from the board resigns and is replaced, or if a member is removed,” says Deborah Perko, Executive Assistant of Infrastructure.
The current board members are:
- Dr. Douglas H. Adamson: Director of the Polymer Program and Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Dr. Mark Aindow: Associate Director of the Institute of Materials Science and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- Dr. S. Pamir Alpay: Department Head and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- Dr. A. Jon Goldberg: Professor of Oral Rehabilitation, Biomaterials and Skeletal Development at University of Connecticut Health Center
- Dr. Faquir Jain: Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Dr. Ramamurthy Ramprasad: Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- Dr. Thomas Seery: Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Dr. Steven L. Suib: Director of IMS and Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
- Dr. Carolyn M. Teschke: Professor of Molecular & Cell Biology
- Dr. Barrett Wells: Professor of Physics