Application to the program
The Polymer Program only accepts applications for the fall semester. Applications received by January 14 will receive greater consideration but we will continue to accept applications until all available positions are filled.
The on-line application form, $75.00 fee, is available at: https://grad.uconn.edu/admissions/apply-to-uconn/
Please indicate Area of interest as Natural Sciences and Field of Study as Polymer Science.
Applicants to the must satisfy admissions requirements of both the Graduate School and the Polymer Program, as listed below.
UConn Graduate School requirements:
Details can be found at: https://grad.uconn.edu/admissions/requirements/
- Transcripts – An original transcript is required, International students may submit their transcripts electronically. Please review the Graduate School website (link is above) for details and physical as well as email addresses.
- GPA Requirement
- A cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 for your entire undergraduate career or
- A grade-point average of at least 3.0 for your last two undergraduate years or
- Exceptional work in your entire final undergraduate year (3.5 or better)
- English Proficiency – International students whose native language is not English must submit evidence of their proficiency in the English language.
- 79 minimum is required on TOEFL (electronic test) or 550 (paper based)
- 6.5 minimum is required on the IELTS
- 53 minimum is required on the PTE
- 100 minimum is required on Duolingo
Note: These scores are only valid for two years (from original test date to submission of UConn application)
- Degree Equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. Please review the Graduate School website (link is above) for details
Polymer Program requirements
- A bachelor’s or a master’s of science degree in: chemistry, engineering, physics, or mathematics. Completion of the Organic Chemistry course sequence is recommended.
- Three recommendation letters, can be submitted with application or directly to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: GRE scores are not required for Polymer Program admission.